1.16.2013

Long Coat

I scored a nice long red coat during my thrift shopping adventure last Sunday. I love the color, I love the fit, I love everything about it! Except for one thing - I haven't worn a long coat in my entire life. I am not talking about the coat that reaches your knee, what I have reaches to half of my calves, almost to the ankle. So see, it's long. For 10 bux, I bought it anyway, or should I say, my mother in law bought it for me. :) She said I look good in it and I took her word for it. 

When I got home, I was thinking of taking to a tailor and cutting a few inches off of it just so it's not that long.  However, hearing that it's going to be 45-50 bux plus tax, I say, 'no way, jose'.  I told myself, I'm gonna rock this coat! So I spent the night and the next couple of days retrying the coat and searching for pegs in pinterest. I also adjusted the buttons at the back so it looks slimmer and I won't look like I've been swallowed by a giant red coat. I wore mah new coat yesterday to go to the nearest grocery store and it's super warm and chic (100% wool baby!). Hope to share some pics in the next posts.

I found a lot of inspiration in pinterest and here they are:

worn over a maxi dress or skirt or a short dress/ skirt






over pants












moral of the story? don't be intimidated by something out of your comfort zone. try new things and rock them! long coats are classic and chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment