6.28.2013

To Bangs or Not to Bangs...

That is the question.
I had my first ever haircut in Canada yesterday after almost a year of not having any. Why you may ask? One is that being used to getting haircut as cheap as $1.5 to $15 (maximum) in the Philippines, I find myself hesitant to shell out $20 (cheapest) to pay for 'just' having my hair trimmed. Second, I planned on growing out my hair anyway. When I noticed the split ends on my hair, however, I decided that I needed that it's time. 

While at the salon, the girl asked me if I ever had my bangs cut before. I told her there was one time I did it myself and the result was not pleasant at all. I remember asking one of my colleagues "pangit ba?" (is it ugly?) and she just laughed which means it's that bad. I've also always thought, or at least that's what people have told me, that my face looks rounder with bangs on so I just veered away from it. I have to admit though that I've always been jealous of girls who rock thick full on bangs and I am just contented with imagining myself with it because deep in my heart, it's not for me. Anyway, the girl said that she thinks I would actually look good in it! She's the first ever to say that to me! Eveeeer! I just hid my smile and thanked her. 

Back in the house, I told my husband about the whole story and he said, he would still prefer me without bangs that he likes how my hair is right now.

Well, the question still remains - to have bangs or not to have bangs? 
Maybe sometime in the future, who knows, right? For now, however, I still prefer how my hair is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment