11.06.2012

Etsy or Regretsy?

Remember the last time I told you how I love Etsy? Well, right now, I don't know if I feel the same way. I had a bad experience with one seller when I had to cancel my purchase. Take note that the items has NOT been shipped yet. I have been very understanding of the seller's situation since they have been affected by the  recent storm. However, I really had to cancel because I will not be needing it anymore and the item has not been shipped yet. Aside from a nasty response,(which the seller has apologized already, that's good), the purchase has not been cancelled and no refund has been issued. I asked other folks in Etsy about it, especially when I saw the item relisted in the seller's store. They said the seller has no obligation to cancel or issue a refund, which I completely don't understand. I mean if the item has been shipped and all then of course I would not have cancelled it but NO shipping ever occurred yet. Can I at least get a refund, since the item is still with the seller? 

Anyway, I am giving it until this week since the seller is in NY and probably still recovering. Hopefully I get my refund in time. 

Please note that I am NOT generalizing all sellers in Etsy. In fact, the first seller who I transacted with is a lovely person, very fast in responding even if she has another full-time work. I haven't received my item yet from her but I know it's on the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment