10.26.2012

Moms are the best

My mother in law is the best and the coolest. I treat her as my own mom especially while my mom is still back in the Philippines. She spent the last weekend in our apartment - our first ever guest to sleep over (!) and I tell you it was such a fun weekend! Dad and her always treat us whenever they are around and we are very thankful for that. Jesse and I have planned that once we are more financially capable, we'll be able to give back to them and surprise them with something. :)

So, going back to our fun weekend, after a visit to the farmers market in the morning and had lunch at Pink Sushi (oh yeah, we love sushi). Mom and I went thrift shopping after and scored a lot of nice stuff! I got a J crew and Old navy sweaters and a couple of band shirts and these awesome belts! I'll have an outfit post of them next time. 

We were in awe of this vegetable but not sure what it is. Thanks to our friend Corina, they are called romanesco broccoli, a type of cauliflower. they're cute, huh?

SUSHI!!!!! 


 Mom is not a fan of raw food so she got herself the yam roll. They're yummy!

Jesse's family LOVES games (that's probably why he's obsessed with them too). They've got a closet-full of board games and a gazillion computer games around the house. Mom bought us another game called Farkle Frenzy, which we played after dinner and was so much fun. Whenever there's a new game, we immediately give it to Jesse to read the instructions and we let him explain it to us after. 

The following day consists of walking, going to Costco (where Mom and I said we won't buy too much but ended up having a lot of items in our cart) and going around the mall. Having her was so much fun! Thanks mom and we love you very much!


Mom in her successful attempt to use the chopsticks and holding the roll for 2 secs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment